Plastic Soakwells For Sale Direct To Public
Drainwell Plastic Soakwells otherwise known as DIY soakwells are a modular stormwater drainage cell. These Polypropylene soakwells can be installed under either trafficable or non-trafficable areas.
Does your soakwell need to be replaced ? Do you need a soakwell for your new house ?
Novaplas makes Polypropylene Soakwells in Canning Vale. Contact us to buy your plastic DIY soakwells today.
Drainwell soakwells are only 440mm high therefore they are an ideal high water table soakage solution.
What Is A Soakwell ?
Soakwells are underground structures that collect and release unwanted water, in particular, excess stormwater. The collected stormwater seeps back into the ground. As a result, the storm water merges with the local groundwater. Read More...
A soak well forms a void just below the surface of the ground. Stormwater pipes discharge stormwater into the void within the soakwell, subsequently, water infiltrates back into the ground.
The rate of seepage back into the ground is determined by the open area inside the soakwell as well as the absorption rate of the surrounding earth. In addition, Geotechnical engineers can perform soil tests to obtain this information if required.
Drainwell Soakwells have a very effective infiltration surface area. For this reason, the stormwater can soak away into the ground at a faster rate than other types of soak wells. In addition, Drainwell Soakwells are wrapped in geo filter wrap which prevents sand from entering the soak wells.
Polypropylene DIY Soakwells
Drainwell Plastic Soakwells are supplied in a flat-pack kit form, hence the term DIY soakwells. Plastic Soakwells consist of panels which are simply clipped together by hand. The plastic stormwater crates are light weight for easy handling. Furthermore, soakaway crates do not require a concrete paving slab or concrete soakwell lid above them.
Click Read More for a guide on how to install polypropylene soakwells. Read More...
How to install Plastic Soakwells:
- Dig a hole to the size required.
- Level the base of the hole and compact.
- Backfill the hole with approximately 100mm of coarse sand, and then compact with a walk behind plate compactor.
- Line the base and walls of the hole with Geotextile, ensuring the seams have a minimum 200mm overlap. Seal the joints of the Geotextile with adhesive PVC tape allowing sufficient Geotextile length to cover the surface of the Drainwell modules once positioned in the hole.
- Once assembled, place Drainwell modules into position, on top of the Geotextile, inside the pit. Furthermore, ensure modules are placed with 440mm side in the upright position.
- If required, secure Drainwell modules together with clips or heavy duty cable ties.
- Cut holes in the correct position for the inlet and outlet pipes. The outlet would usually be positioned lower than inlet.
- Tightly cover the sides and top of modules with the Geotextile. Ensure overlaps and inlet/outlet areas are sealed with adhesive PVC tape.
- Backfill around the sides and top of the modules with a minimum of 100mm clean coarse sand and compact according to engineers specifications.
- Finally, backfill a minimum 600mm of clean fill on top of the modules and compact according to engineers specifications.
Polypropylene vs Concrete Soakwells
Polypropylene Soakwells usually cost less to install than concrete soakwells. Furthermore, concrete soakwells are heavy and difficult to install. When polypropylene soakwells have been installed, it is easy to access them again. As a result, they are easier to maintain.
Drainwell Soakwells can be installed under concrete slabs, as well as under driveways, and under car parking areas.
Cut out guides are used to insert a 90mm PVC pipe into either the side or the top of the Drainwell Plastic Soakwell.
Drainwell Soakwell Dimensions:
Need a Perth Soakwells Supply ?
Polypropylene Soakwell Suppliers In Perth:
Novaplas Group, 17 Catalano Rd, Canning Vale, WA, 6155
Call Novaplas Group today to find out more about our soakwells for sale.
We can also recommend plastic soakwell installers in Perth. Novaplas Phone: 08 6250 3000
(08) 6250 3000 / (03) 5444 4889
POLYPROPYLENE SOAKWELL BENEFITS
Drainwell DW1592 Modules:
- Plastic Cells are light-weight and therefore easy to handle.
- Neither a Concrete Lid nor Blue Metal Stone are required with Plastic Soakwells.
- Plastic Soakwells are flat packed, as a result, easy to transport.
- Panels clip together by hand, hence no special tools are required.
- Made from 100% recycled materials, therefore, environmentally friendly.
- Australian Made, hence, quality is consistent.
People also viewed
Drainwell Underground Tanks
Drainwell Underground Stormwater Detention Tanks control stormwater runoff and mitigate flooding.